We can confirm the following pay rate changes:
1 April, the hourly rate of the national living wage and national minimum wage increases for workers aged:
- 25 and over from £7.83 to £8.21
- 21-24 from £7.38 to £7.70
- 18- 20 from £5.90 to £6.15
- 16- 17 from £4.20 to £4.35
- The apprenticeship rate increases to £3.90.
6 April, statutory sick pay (SSP) increases to £94.25 a week.
7 April, the statutory rates for family-friendly leave increases to £148.68.
Changes to Payslips
On the 6 April 2019, employees and workers are to receive an itemised pay statement which sets out the hours they worked and where pay varies.
Employers you will need to check your payroll systems to ensure you are able to comply with these changes.